- IMO plans to reduce average CO2 emissions per ‘transport work’ by at least 40 percent by 2030.
- It aims to pursue a 70 percent reduction by 2050.
- It has the ambition to reduce the total annual GHG emissions from shipping by at least 50% by 2050.
- LNG is a relatively mature low-carbon fuel, comprised primarily of methane.
- Its carbon to hydrogen (C/H) ratio offers a reduction in CO2 emissions of up to 20 percent.
- This white paper summarizes the relevant vessel design and operational aspects with...