- Wärtsilä has contracted to upgrade the route-sharing systems of 50 tankers active in the Baltic Sea.
- The installations form part of BALT SAFE, an EU-supported project.
- Baltic Sea witnesses 2000 ships passing through its narrow straits at any given time.
- Baltic Sea accounts for 15% of the world’s cargo traffic.
- STM BALT SAFE enables tankers to send and receive voyage information.
- It is partnered by its Norwegian, Finnish, and Estonian counterparts.
- Cross-industry collaboration is at the heart...