- Salvage crews were preparing to sink Wakashio that ran aground off Mauritius.
- MV Wakashio broke into two after hitting a reef and spilling 1,000 tonnes of oil into the sea.
- The oil has reached exceptional zones of marine life, the Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve and the Blue Bay Marine Park.
- The Blue Bay Marine Park is a unique coastal wetland.
- It is recognized for the diversity of its coral, fish species, and endangered green turtle.
- Two tugboats towed the larger part of the wreck 15km (9...