- The MV Wakashio struck a coral reef and caused a widespread oil spill off the coast of Mauritius earlier this summer.
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines said the Mauritius Natural Environment Recovery Fund will be used for mangrove protection, coral reef recovery, protection of seabirds and rare species.
- The ship owner, Nagashiki Shipping joins the fund.
- Mauritius says it seeks compensation for the damage from Nagashiki.
- MOL President Junichiro Ikeda apologized for the damage and said the financial...