- Moderna vaccine maker plans to seek emergency authorization for its use in high-risk groups.
- Vaccines must demonstrate they are at least 50% more effective than a placebo to be considered for approval
- The company to file for a EUA in 2020 and for full FDA approval after gathering more data on the safety of the vaccine.
- Moderna has received nearly $1 billion from the U.S. government under its Operation Warp Speed program.
- The company is also on track to deliver 500 million to 1 billion doses...