- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) said on Dec. 7 that it has signed a letter of intent to build 10 LNG-powered VLCCs with a European client.
- An LOI is a document of an agreement before a main contract. Industry experts say that both sides will finally conclude the contract during the first quarter of 2021.
- If the deal is sealed, DSME will build a 300,000-ton dual-fuel VLCC powered by oil or LNG for the first time.
- Current LNG carriers are loaded with engines made of aluminum and...
- South Korean shipbuilding holding company Korea Shipbuilding & Offshore Engineering Co. has signed a combined 240 billion won (US$213 million) of orders from Africa and Europe.
- Korea Shipbuilding has obtained deals to build two 300,000-ton Very Large Crude-oil Carriers (VLCC) and a 50,000-ton petrochemicals carrier from customers in the areas.
Korea Shipbuilding wins 240 bln won orders from Africa, Europe, writes Nam Kwang-sik for Yonhap News Agency.Orders from Africa and Europe