- Imports at major U.S. retail container ports are expected to see their lowest in 2020.
- The retailers are being careful not to import more than they can sell.
- U.S. ports covered by Global Port Tracker handled 1.61 million TEU in June.
- That was up 4.9% from May but down 10.5%year-over-year.
- July was estimated at 1.76 million TEU, down 10.2% year-over-year.
- 2020 is set to see a drop of 9.4% from 2019 and the lowest annual total of 19.1 million TEU in 2016.
According to an article published in...