- New research and lab studies are providing more hope for the Pfizer vaccine.
- While Pfizer’s own study has shown that the vaccine can be stored in warmer temperatures now, a lab study has shown its effectiveness in new variants.
- Lab studies show the vaccine can neutralise two-third of the south African Variant.
- Pfizer has said there’s no real life report of new variants escaping the vaccine.
- Meanwhile Pfizer provided data that shows the vaccine can be stored at -70 ° instead of -112°
- Industrial freezers first created to ship perishable foods like fresh tuna to Japan have been retrofitted to ship the newly-approved Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- The doses can be transported in freezers like those from Thermo King, which have been proven to keep supermarket- and restaurant-grade tuna at -76 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The vaccine has to stay ice-cold to remain effective, since it uses a new kind of immunization technology called mRNA, or messenger RNA.
Thermo King, an industrial...