- The 5.7 million tons of coal is worth more than $500 million.
- An estimated 1,000 seafarers are manning the bulk carriers.
- A total of 66 vessels loaded with Australian coal are positioned in Chinese waters.
- Kpler identified 53 vessels holding Australian coal waiting about four weeks or longer to discharge at Chinese ports.
- Thirty-nine of the ships are carrying about 4.1 million tonnes of metallurgical coal.
More than $500 million worth of Australian coal is on ships anchored off Chinese ports,...