HHLA acquires majority stake in Austrian container operator

German port and terminal operator Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) acquired a majority share in Roland Spedition, one of the largest owner-led container operators for hinterland transport in Austria.

HHLA will acquire 51% of the shares, while the remaining 49% will remain in the hands of both co-shareholders Christian Gutjahr and Nikolaus Hirnschall, who will continue to manage the business.

Roland Spedition was founded in 1982 as a joint venture by Austrian logistics specialist Heinz...


Leave a Comment

Join Our Newsletter
Enter your email to receive a weekly round-up of shipping news.