Covid-19 vaccination record cards can easily be forged, and US law enforcers are keenly aware, says an article on CNN.Warning against fake cards
Almost 90% of patients who recovered from COVID-19 reported at least one persistent symptom, says an article on Healio.Research conducted
“For the clinicians, the game is not over when you discharge the subjects from the acute ward,” Angelo Carfi, MD, of the geriatrics department at Agostino Gemelli University Hospital in Rome, told.“We should try to figure out a way to help them to recover as quickly as they can.”
Carfi and colleagues followed up with COVID-19 patients from Agostino Gemelli...
- Dr. Anthony Fauci says federal guidance on wearing face coverings indoors may change soon.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be updating its guidance almost in real time, as more Americans get vaccinated.
- The CDC relaxed its guidance last month on wearing masks outdoors, but still advises both vaccinated and unvaccinated people to still wear masks in indoor public spaces.
A CNN news source by Lauren Mascarenhas and Christina Maxouris states that it may be time to relax but...
India’s regulator has approved a new, oral COVID-19 drug that promises to reduce hospitalisation time and oxygen dependency for moderate to severe cases, reports the Economic Times.
The first 10,000 doses are expected to be available by next week.Effective COVID-19 vaccine
The 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) drug developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation has proved to be effective in three phases of trials on COVID-19 patients and can be easily mass produced, officials said, adding...
President Vladimir Putin has heralded Russia’s vaccine offering as “reliable as a Kalashnikov assault rifle”, says an article on BBC.Sputnik light
The comment was made during a video conference on Thursday with Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova. It came as the country’s health officials registered a single-dose version of the Sputnik V vaccine on Thursday, dubbed Sputnik Light.
Mr. Putin’s comparison referenced the Soviet Union-era weapon that remains popular and widely used still today.Sputn...
In a historic move, the US government has today announced its support for waiving patent protections for COVID-19 vaccines, a measure aimed at boosting supplies so that people around the world can get the shots, says an article published in Nature.
“The extraordinary circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic call for extraordinary measures,” said US Trade Representative Katherine Tai in a statement.Vaccines to make it Legal through Patents
The move comes on 5 May, the first of a two-day meeting of...
- Australian officials reinstated social distancing measures in Sydney as New Zealand partially suspended the pair’s “travel bubble” on Thursday.
- These measures are taken amid fears an Indian variant case of COVID-19 could spur a significant outbreak.
- The swift action was taken a day after a 50-year-old man became the first reported local transmission case in New South Wales state in more than a month.
A recent news article published in the Reuters reveals about the sudden spur in Covid 19 cases...
- New York is on the cusp of reopening, setting May 19 as the date the state will drastically ease restrictions on businesses, gatherings and venues.
- New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said he is targeting July 1 for New York City’s “full reopening,” including “full-strength” business at stores, theaters and restaurants.
- New York City was the US epicenter of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020, with hospitals struggling to cope with the influx of patients.
A recent news article published in the CNN...
- New research finds that taking omega-3 supplements is associated with an increased risk of atrial fibrillation in people with a high risk of, or existing, heart disease.
- Experts say the relationship between using omega-3 supplements and heart health is complicated.
- Talk with your doctor about your risks and what is best for you.
A recent news article published in the Health Line explains why people at risk of heart disease may want to avoid fish oil.New analysis by European Society of...
- The European Union’s executive has recommended easing COVID-19 travel restrictions next month to let foreign travellers from more countries enter the bloc, hoping to boost the stricken tourism industry this summer.
- Under current restrictions, people from only seven countries, including Australia and Singapore, can enter the EU on holiday, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated but subject to tests or quarantine.
According to an article article published in Reuters, Prime Minister...