- LR and Methanol Institute launch guidance on methanol bunkering.
- Methanol already in use as a marine fuel on several vessel types.
- Methanol is sulphur-free and has lower GHG emissions than conventional fuel.
- The International Organization for Standardisation processing the development of methanol marine fuel grade specification.
- Regulatory process is moving towards final adoption of new rules for inclusion of low-flashpoint fuels into the IMO’s IGF Code.
Lloyd’s Register (LR) and Methanol...